Dental veneers have long been used to create the ultimate smile makeover.
With this treatment, it’s possible to transform crooked, stained, damaged or badly worn teeth into a brand new, straight, white smile, as seen on many of the Hollywood greats.
What exactly are Porcelain Veneers?
They are wafer-thin laminates of tooth-coloured porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of the teeth. This will greatly improve their cosmetic appearance. Porcelain Veneers are a quick, painless, straightforward and a very popular procedure. Due to the experience and knowledge we are confident to give you your perfect smile.
Veneers make teeth look natural and healthy, and because they are very thin and are held in place by a special strong bond very little preparation of the tooth is needed.
Porcelain veneers can improve the colour, shape and position of teeth.
A precise shade of porcelain can be chosen to give the right colour to improve a single discoloured or stained tooth or to lighten front teeth (usually the upper ones).
Veneers can also be used to close small gaps, when orthodontics (braces) are not suitable.
Are Porcelain Veneers for you?
Veneers are so versatile. Here are just a few reasons why so many people come to us, and why they recommend them time and time again:
• Damaged and chipped teeth – chipped or damaged teeth from trauma or tooth decay can be easily made perfect with porcelain veneers.
• Worn Teeth – People who grind or clench their teeth or have an uneven bite tend to wear their teeth down. Porcelain veneers are a brilliant option to restore the teeth to make them look natural again.
• Discoloured teeth – If your teeth are badly discoloured then porcelain veneers may be a better option than teeth whitening. Sometimes teeth whitening do not work because the stains are ingrained into the enamel. Porcelain veneers can give you a bright and beautiful smile.
• Crooked teeth – Veneers are not the ideal treatment for crooked teeth, and from the point of view of preserving your natural teeth structure, orthodontics or Invisalign braces would probably a better solution. However, such treatments can take up to a year or longer. For teeth that are not severely crooked, veneers placed over their front surface will give a straight and perfectly aligned-looking smile. For this type of treatment, many people refer to veneers as “instant orthodontics”, as you get a similar end result in a fraction of the time.
• Gaps – A very common problem that porcelain veneers can correct. Gaps between the teeth can really make people hate their smile. People do not even want to smile sometimes as they are too embarrassed! With Veneers we can evenly close gaps and give you a symmetrical smile.
At TLC we have several techniques to help you achieve a brighter smile.
Life tends to dull the vitality of the teeth so teeth whitening can give you the confidence to laugh, smile and kiss with a beautiful smile.
Many people want teeth whitening to freshen-up their smile, and for this we make your trays for you and deliver the gels within a few days. The trays are worn each night for two weeks at home and this simple approach gives you control of the process.
If you would prefer a quicker result, then Kevin can offer teeth whitening using gels and a laser.
It is really important to us that you have all the facts before starting the teeth whitening process. We will check to make sure your gums are healthy and we will offer our professional advice on how your whiter teeth will blend with any existing white fillings crowns or perhaps a bridge you already have.
So if drinking tea, coffee, red wine or smoking has stained your teeth or if you are just thinking it is time to refresh your smile and your confidence, TLC will make sure that you get the best teeth whitening advice and treatment that works for you.
For more information on how you can get optimum teeth whitening results or to schedule a consultation, give us a call and we will be delighted to help.